Service Technicians report to:
- Service Manager and Working Foreman
North Central Utility is a growing multi-location 40 year old company. We are a leading distributor of semi-trailers, and offer full parts and service departments with locations in WI, MN, and ND. We provide solutions to the transportation industry. Each job assignment will be performed in accordance with D.O.T. requirements and industry standards.
North Central Utility of WI is seeking Semi-Trailer Mechanics for the North Mankato, MN location.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform repairs and modifications on all styles of trailers as assigned
- Maintain allocated time frame on all repairs and modifications
- Contribute to the work assignment from acquired experience and knowledge
- As heavy duty trailer mechanic, perform all work assigned within the allocated time, maintaining established Industry and DOT standards
- Diagnose and make recommendations on repairs as required
- Operate a forklift and standard transmission vehicles
- Perform all types of welding (i.e.- aluminum, mild steel and stainless steel); Mig welding
- Attend training seminars as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
Must have heavy duty trailer mechanic experience in making all types of repairs on all types of semi-trailers:
- All work will be documented, recording all work processes
- Adhere to North Central Utility’s policies, procedures and rules of conducts
- Work will be performed in a professional manner in accordance with North Central Utility, DOT and Industry Standards
- Work will be performed in accordance with government laws, regulations, and ordinances
- Be helpful and considerate to co-workers and customers
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Dress appropriately
- Be ready to work at the start of the shift
- Supply required tools according to North Central Utility’s request
- We offer a full benefit package of paid time off (PTO) and group benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability and FSA Section 125 programs/coverage, following 90 days of employment.
- We offer participation in the company’s 401(k) within six months; fully vested within six years’ of employment.
- We offer a competitive salary package based on experience and proven results; bonus and commission paid following 90 days of employment.
- Subsidies include uniforms, tools and parts discounts.
Wages based on experience; bonus and commission earnings potential