North Central Utility of Wisconsin is a growing multi-location 40 year old company. We are a leading distributor of semi-trailers, and offer full parts and service departments with locations in WI, MN, and ND. We provide solutions to the transportation industry. Each job assignment will be performed in accordance with D.O.T. requirements and industry standards.
North Central Utility is seeking Semi-Trailer Mechanic(s) for the Waukesha, WI location.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform repairs and modifications on all styles of trailers as assigned
- Maintain allocated time frame on all repairs and modifications
- Perform all types of welding (i.e.- aluminum, mild steel and stainless steel) this will be done with a Mig welder
- Contribute to the work assignment from acquired experience and knowledge
- Diagnose and make recommendations on repairs as required
- Attend training seminars as required
- Operate a forklift and standard transmission vehicle
- The trailer mechanic will perform all work assigned within the allocated time and will maintain established company quality standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Heavy Duty Semi-Trailer Mechanic/Service Technicians
- Must have heavy duty trailer mechanic experience as well as knowledge of and experience with various welders and tools used in making all types of repairs on all types of semi-trailers
- All work will be documented
- Documentation includes recording all work processes
- All work will be performed in a professional manner in accordance with Company standards
- Be ready to work at the start of the shift
- All work will be performed in accordance with government laws, regulations, and ordinances
- Be helpful and considerate to co-workers and customers
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and rules of conduct
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
- Supply required tools according to Company request
- Dress appropriately
- We offer a full benefit package of paid time off, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Section 125 FSA Programs/coverage.
- We offer a competitive salary package to include bonus and commission incentives; base compensation is based on experience.