Primary Functions: As a representative of our Parts Department, perform a wide variety of work assignments maintaining established company and industry standards.
Hours of Work: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Full-Time Hours, 8 Hours/Day, Monday through Friday Under the direction of the Parts Manager, work effectively representing broad Parts Counter Sales, Service and Warehouse services. Ensure outstanding parts, counter, warehouse, delivery and shipping service consistently. Sell heavy duty parts and equipment to our counter customers. Work effectively representing broad Parts Counter Sales, Service and Warehouse services. Organization, accuracy and broad heavy duty parts and equipment knowledge preferred.
- Ensure outstanding customer relations and service, answer a high volume of incoming telephone calls.
- Service walk-in customers in the Parts Department.
- Assist in checking in incoming parts, stocking shelves, warehouse inventory and delivery orders.
- Process invoices and payments.
- Complete data entry of heavy duty parts and equipment into the Parts Department computers.
- Oversee and demonstrate outstanding heavy duty parts service; respond to a high volume of heavy duty parts inventory tasks overseeing stocking warehouse and shelves, delivery to customers externally and internally; loading and unloading, shipping, packaging, labeling, meeting invoice orders, and discarding damaged parts.
- Under the direction of Parts leadership, oversee and be fully responsible for all aspects of Parts Counter Sales for customers and staff.
- Utilize internal process working with packing slips, invoices, tags, and purchase orders.
- Oversee staff maintaining warehouse, shipping and receiving area, rail racks, storage trailers, and upstairs neat, clean and organized. Maintain Warranty tracking; file warranty claims with vendors.
- Oversee and ensure outstanding warehouse, delivery and shipping service consistently.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- A minimum of 3 months Associates’ coursework helpful.
- Forklift Certification is preferred.
- Valid N.D. State Driver’s License with a clean driving record is required
- A minimum of 1-3 years Parts counter/sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior counter/computer experience is required.
- Prior forklift and truck driving experience is required.
- Parts Warehouse and Delivery experience is helpful.
- Forklift certification will be provided ‘on-the-job’ prior to forklift usage
- Use of computer, telephone, FAX machine, Copy machine, Adding machine and Printer is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds intermittently; a minimum of 50 pounds consistently.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion with strength, stamina and control is required.
- Use of warehouse and forklift equipment is also required.
- Ability to read, communicate and respond to internal procedures and documentation directly with customers and internal staff (e.g. at the counter, via telephone).
- We provide an attractive group benefits package, to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts (i.e. Dependent Care and Uninsured Medical Expenses), Employee Assistance Program services, as well as Basic Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Short-Term Disability.
- Employees are invited to participate in North Central Utility’s 401(k) Plan after six months employment, with employees being fully vested within 6-years.
- We take pride in our staff’s outstanding teamwork, excellent knowledge and skills, as well as longevity with North Central Utility.
- We demonstrate a consistent focus on customer satisfaction and continued success as a leader in the semi-trailer dealership industry, second to none.