North Central Utility of Wisconsin is a growing multi-location company. We are a leader in the Semi-trailer Dealership industry, offering full Sales, Parts and Service to our customers in the Transportation and Semi-Trailer Dealership industry. We have established locations in WI, and ND, and continue to expand providing solutions to the transportation industry. We are looking for a full-time Parts Counter Sales candidate for our Wisconsin Rapids Store! As a Parts Counter Sales employee, perform work assignments maintaining established company and industry standards.
Specific Functions: Respond professionally giving priority to walk-in customers as well as incoming telephone customers at the front counter. Handle customer parts sales and service sales over the front and back counters. Responsible for pulling parts, billing, issuing parts out and collecting applicable payment. Ensure accuracy to confirm invoices match parts sold to customers.
- Answer phone calls and greet counter customers for the Parts Department in an expedient manner.
- Use “multi-tasking” skills, assuring that all phone calls and counter customers are addressed immediately.
- Keep the showroom and parts office neat and organized; rotate stock regularly and stock shelves daily.
- Follow up on all calls, including special order sales and quotes on a daily basis. Work with the Parts Manager ensuring special orders are ordered efficiently and cost effectively.
- Put away incoming orders that pertain primarily to the showroom and immediate parts room area.
- Post parts orders as checking them in; confirm accuracy to correctly post in the parts received; help with other orders as time permits.
- Work with Night Parts Person to assure a smooth transition from day shift to night shift and convey status on all work in process.
- All other duties as assigned
A minimum of high school degree required.
Fork-lift certification provided on-the-job..
Valid State Driver’s License with a clean driving record required.
Seeking 1-3 years Parts customer Sales and Customer Service experience;
1 year of forklift experience/certification is preferred.
Basic to intermediate computer experience helpful.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 to 75 pounds consistently and up to 100 pounds occasionally; . Frequent walking, standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion with strength, stamina and control required. Use of warehouse and forklift equipment required.
Completion of safety and lifting training as required. Consistent use of seat belts required at all times when using forklift equipment inside the buildings, in the yards and outside on regular highways/roads.
Ability to read, communicate and respond to internal procedures and documentation. Basic to intermediate computer skills required.
- Attractive group benefit package, including Health,Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. Eligible to participate in 401(k) Plan following 6-months of employment; fully vested within 6 years
- Compensation includes a base rate based on knowledge, experience and training, as well as additional bonus and commission incentives following 90 days’ employment.