The North Central Utility Fishing Trip will be held July 26th – July 31st, 2018 at Holinshead Lake Resort. Below are some details for those attending this year. If you would like to see more about Holinshead lake resort, check out their website Holinshead.
We will fish primarily with salted and live minnows, but we may use some leeches and night crawlers.
Holinshead Lake is a catch consume lake, so we will keep approximately 2 fish per person per day to eat. We are not allowed to take any fish home with us.
The boats provided by the resort are 14’ long with 10hp motors. They are equipped with a map of the lake and known hot spots (5 or 6). They each have 2 swivel seats and are comfortable. The resort owner will take 4 to 6 individuals on a pontoon in the evening where he will anchor and you can enjoy catching fish without having to operate the boat.
North Central Utility will be your host. We will prepare your meals, and do our best to accommodate you on the trip. We may ask for help taking out the trash or icing down a cooler.
There are no TV’s at the resort. The owners have a satellite phone for emergencies. The cabins are rustic and clean, and the grounds are very well kept. You are certain to enjoy the scenery along with the quiet and peacefulness of the wilderness. Greg and Charlene (the owners) will share stories with us on occasion.
A brief Itinerary for the trip…
July 26th Early afternoon
- Depart Madison/Wisconsin Rapids/Kaukauna/Minneapolis/Fargo for Duluth
- Stay @ Hotel in Duluth, MN evening of July 26th
July 27th Early Morning
- Depart Duluth for Holinshead Lake (approximately 300 miles)
- Check into resort around 1:30pm
- Short review of facilities and boat operation 2:30pm
July 31st Early morning
- Depart resort and travel back to Wisconsin/Minnesota/North Dakota
|5:00am – 9:30am||Fish/Sleep in (customer’s choice)|
|9:30 – 10:15am||Breakfast|
|10:30 – 4:00pm||Fishing|
|4:30 – 5:00pm||Cocktail Hour and Snacks|
|6:00 to 9:30pm||Fishing|
Note: There will be snacks, water, soda, sandwich meat, cheese and fruit available to take on the boats with you for lunch. We will serve steak, chicken or pork chops with the fish a few nights. The only time everyone has to be at camp is at dark and at each meal to ensure everyone is accounted for. Holinshead is a large lake and we insist that everyone is accounted for before dark.
Holinshead Resort provides the following:
- All necessary cooking equipment, pots, pans and utensils
- Kitchen dish towels
- Firewood and garbage collection
- One fishing boat, motor and gasoline for every 2 people
- Gas barbeques
- Fish fryers
- Paddles, life jackets and anchors
- Landing nets and minnow buckets
North Central Utility provides
- Dish soap
- Toilet paper
- Fishing jigs
- Depth finders (limited quantity available)
Guests Should Bring
- Bedding for single bed (sheet, pillow, blanket or sleeping bag)
- Bath towel and wash cloth
- Bug spray and sun block
- Hand soap / shampoo
- (2) Fishing rods (unless prior arrangements were made) / 8 lb test
- Rain gear
- Small flashlight
- Fish finder if you have one
- Any prescribed meds
- A Valid Passport (This is required to enter Canada)
Note: Fishing trip attendees must not have DUI or Felony charges on their record as Canadian Customs has the right to refuse entry at the border.
Check out the video from one of our previous trips